The kitchen is often considered the heart of a home. It is a place of harmony and reflection where you can prepare your best meals and socialize with your favorite people. Therefore, a new kitchen is a perfect opportunity to create an updated space equipped with modern technology and essential features, making cooking, prepping, family time, and entertaining effortless and more enjoyable.
Before starting your kitchen renovation, it is essential to consider various components such as flooring, cabinetry, color, style, accents, and more. Your kitchen remodel process goes beyond design and features. It also involves deciding on suitable materials to ensure a durable result. In this kitchen remodel guide, we highlighted different types of materials to consider, various cabinet styles, features, and color palettes.
Now is the time to take out your notebook and pen to jot down ideas and must-haves for your new kitchen, and answer the questions below.
Why do you want to remodel your kitchen? What features will make your life easier, and how will it make it easier? What color palette do you have in mind and why? What type of backsplash do you like? Do you want to expand or keep the same layout? What will that look like if you add on, and why do you want to expand? Do you want to reface your cabinets or install new ones? What decorations do you have that will go with the overall theme of your new kitchen?
Choosing the Right Tiles for Your Space
When styling your kitchen, tiles can be an excellent choice as they add character to your space and are functional and easy to maintain. With a wide range of tile materials, sizes, colors, and patterns available, it's crucial to consider your home's aesthetic and overall theme before deciding. A kitchen remodel is a significant investment of time and resources, so it's always a good idea to research and seek advice from local residential remodelers, such as Chriswell Home Improvements, who can guide you in choosing the perfect style and color for flooring and backsplashes.Plus, they have the expertise in what materials and product is beneficial.
So, which tile is best for your kitchen remodel? Let's take a closer look at the many offerings.
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tiles: Ceramic and porcelain tiles are famous for their durability and versatility. Ceramic tiles come in numerous colors and patterns, making matching your kitchen's style easy.
- Glass Tiles: On the other hand, glass tiles add elegance and shimmer to your kitchen. These aesthetically pleasing pieces can create stunning backsplashes or accents that reflect light beautifully.
- Natural Stone Tiles: For a more rustic or earthy feel, natural stone tiles like marble, travertine, or slate can be excellent options. Keep in mind that these may require more maintenance compared to other tile types.
- Patterned Tiles: Consider patterned tiles to make a bold statement. Whether you choose Moroccan-inspired patterns or classic black-and-white designs, they can elevate your kitchen's aesthetic.
Flooring Choices for Functionality and Style
Kitchen floors endure a lot of foot traffic and potential spills, so durability and easy maintenance are key factors when selecting flooring materials.
- Hardwood Flooring: If you're looking for a warm and timeless appeal for your kitchen flooring, hardwood is a classic choice. However, potential water damage should be considered, and engineered hardwood may be a better option for durability. Keep in mind that hardwood flooring requires continuous upkeep and maintenance.
- Tile Flooring: Tile flooring can create a seamless look by extending the same tile from your backsplash to the floor. Large-format tiles with minimal grout lines can also make your kitchen appear more spacious.
- Vinyl Flooring: If you're looking for an affordable option with a wide range of designs and colors, vinyl flooring is a great choice. Vinyl mimics the natural appearance of materials like hardwood or stone, but it is scratch and fade-resistant and waterproof. This makes it easy to clean up spills and accidents caused by children or pets without worry.
Selecting a Color Scheme that Complements the Overall Look of Your Kitchen
When it comes to your kitchen, the color palette you choose is crucial in setting the ambiance and mood. It's a good idea to stick with three colors - two primary ones and one accent color. Anything more than that might look and feel overwhelming. Here are some tips that can help you pick the right colors for your kitchen:
- Neutral Base: Start with a neutral base color for your walls, cabinets, and larger surfaces. Whites, creams, and light grays can make your kitchen feel open and airy.
- Accent Colors: Inject personality into your kitchen by incorporating accent colors through small-scale elements like backsplash tiles, accessories, or a vibrant kitchen island.
- Complementary Contrasts: Play with contrasting colors to create visual interest. For instance, pair light cabinets with a dark backsplash or vice versa.
- Monochromatic Sophistication: A monochromatic color scheme using varying shades of the same color can create a sense of harmony and sophistication.
Color Schemes to Keep In Mind:
1. White and Dark Green
2. Warm Taupe with White and Gray
3. White, Blue, and Green
4. Dark Blue, Light Blue, and White
5. Dark Gray and Green
Cabinetry Options and Colors
Upgrading your kitchen cabinets can dramatically transform your kitchen's overall look and feel. With a wide range of styles and color options, you can choose the perfect cabinets to complement your kitchen's decor and create a cohesive design. High-quality cabinets enhance the aesthetic appeal of your kitchen and provide functional storage solutions for all your kitchen essentials. Whether you prefer classic or contemporary styles, wooden or metal finishes, or matte or glossy textures, there is always a perfect cabinet option for every homeowner. Investing in new cabinets can elevate your kitchen's style and functionality, making it a more enjoyable and efficient space for cooking and entertaining. At Chriswell Home Improvements, we have twenty-plus colors and different styles and customizations like pull-out shelves to make finding cooking essentials easy peasy.
What style and color is right for your kitchen remodel?
Colors to Consider:
Deep Brown, Navy Blue, Forrest Green, Rich Yellow, Eggshell, Bright White, Gray, Or Light Brown.
Styles to Explore:
Traditional, Shaker-Style, Slab or Flat, Urban Rustic, Glass Front, Contemporary, or Raised Panel Doors.
A Beautiful Balance of Color and Innovated Features
Remodeling your kitchen is an exciting opportunity to showcase your creativity and express yourself. Choosing the perfect kitchen features and accents involves thoughtful selection of suitable tiles, flooring, and a color palette that complements your ideal kitchen design. Taking your time to make decisions for your new kitchen lets you transform your outdated kitchen into a functional and stylish space that perfectly reflects your taste.
At Chriswell Home Improvements, We offer a wide selection of tiles, cabinetry, and flooring to help you achieve your ideal kitchen style. Start your kitchen renovation journey today!